Starting with the July 2021 designs, Seamwork patterns now include projector files!
Projector files are included in designs numbered 3123 and higher.
What’s a projector file?
If you have a home theater projector—you know, the one that you can use to project movies or slides onto a wall—you can use your projector to display digital pattern files directly onto your fabric. This means you can cut out your pattern pieces with no printing, paper, or tracing involved!
You do need a projector to use these files. If you need help picking out a projector and learning how to use it for sewing patterns, there is a very active and helpful Facebook group working hard to pave the way for these files in home sewing patterns. This community is so supportive, inclusive, and helpful.
Visit the Projectors for Sewing Facebook Group here.
At the request of the community, we’ve started to include projector files for those who are exploring this new way to cut out patterns.
These PDF files include:
- Imperial and metric calibration layers built-in
- A white background layer that can be turned on behind the calibration layer for a cleaner viewing experience
- A black background layer that can be turned on behind all of the pieces for easier color viewing when cutting on light-colored fabrics
- All grainlines and pieces are oriented in the same direction
- Pieces are shown mirrored with a dashed line to indicate the center for those that want to cut pieces on the fold
- All pattern lines are thicker than printed layouts
- The size colors are unique and vibrant
- The labels are twice the size of printed layouts, all other wording is 3X the size
- The artboards are large with at least 15" of extra white space around all edges