Our Beginner patterns are suitable for anyone who knows how to sew, even if they haven’t done any garment sewing yet. You should know how to operate a sewing machine, be able to sew a straight line, and have some familiarity with basic sewing concepts (but we explain a lot of those in our instructions as well).
Articles in this section
- Pattern naming conventions
- Name Changes & Retired Patterns
- Size Charts (Imperial and Metric)
- How to download and print PDF patterns
- Sizing information for Seamwork patterns
- Troubleshooting Digital Pattern FAQ
- What cup size and height are Seamwork and Colette Patterns designed for?
- Do your digital patterns include a wide-format version?
- Are seam allowances included in the patterns?
- I am different sizes at my bust/waist/hips. Which size should I cut?